Thursday, February 6, 2014

Background and character practice

Currently working on:
Been working on modeling the Furnace room, Painting a still of the Market, and developing head shapes for other characters.

Whats working
I'm happy with my modeling work, I feel I have progressed in my skills and efficiency. I'm also fairly happy with the direction that the market place is going. However it does still need work. Looking at other similar rodent and non rodent animals for inspiration for head shapes has helped with character development.

Whats not working:
I need to do more research in how an industrial furnace in a steel factory works so im not just making stuff up. I also need to focus more on doing quick thumb nails of the scenes. That way I can choose the best on and not get too hung up on something that might not work out later.

What I will be doing.
I will be working more on those sketches. I am going to stop working on the painting and modeling for now, and work on quicker rougher works.

Here are some snap shots of the things I've been working on.




No comments:

Post a Comment