Sunday, January 19, 2014

Figuring things out

Currently Working on: 
Scrapped short ideas, going in a development direction

In stead of trying to do a 3 -5 minute short I'm going to try to do some development work on a much larger scale story. This series will include character sheets, turnarounds, concept art, animation tests, and moving backgrounds.

Coming Soon:
A full list of everything I would like to get done in the next 15 weeks.

What's Working:
I feel like by going in this direction I will be able to produce higher quality work, as it is less repetitive then redrawing frame after frame after frame. It will also let me explore a variety of different skills. From character development, short looping flash effects in the moving backgrounds, perhaps even exploring the possibilities of combining 3D and 2D in one cohesive world.

What's not working:
It will mean getting over my dislike for geometric shaped backgrounds, as the story I wish to further largely takes place in abandoned buildings and factories. So perspective is one skill i will have to improve upon, as well as just finding man made objects to occupy the environment. I'm so use to drawing nature that anything else has become foreign to me.

Other:
Here are some concept sketches of the two main characters of the story.


No comments:

Post a Comment