Thursday, January 16, 2014

Currently working on:
Short Story Pitches
  • Fishing Rat -> big catch -> struggle -> actually a small catch _ " Don't get hung up on one thing even if it seems big at the time" 
  • Young Rat messing everything up -> struggle to find his place in society 
  • Young warrior defending town -> sees from a new POV _ "There are two sides to every story"
  • Factory Rat -> needs to find missing part / trying to fix things -> but they keep braking / following something -> droning on -> something new (outside) _ "Don't be a workaholic, live life"

Coming Soon
Deciding on story and developing it further.

What's Working
Really liking the short and to the point story of the Fishing Rat. I feel like I can really exaggerate the struggle in a humorous way. It also requires no background information, and very little set up.

What's NOT Working
Really wanted to work with the Factory Rat idea but the plot is lacking. I feel like I could really have some cool smoke and fire effects if I were to pursue it. I also already have a character "Fender" that I could work with. Would really like some outside ideas on plots.


Other Comments
Helpful tips on creating short stories Link

No comments:

Post a Comment